Why Japan is awesome.
It was late in the evening, and I'd been lounging about avoiding memorizing my speech for opening ceremony when the doorbell rang. It startled me because I had forgotten that I even had a doorbell. Not even remaking my ponytail, I opened the front door to see Yuki, my next door neighbor, who shrugged and said, "There are fireworks." In the distance, for no apparent reason was a major display. Despite the light rain that fell with soft plinks into puddles from an earlier shower, impressive white, orange, and red fireworks lit up the sky. Yuki and I stood on the walkway for an hour watching them. I hadn't seen or heard from Yuki since my visit to her apartment over three weeks ago. It was such a joy for her to visit me without warning to watch a display of fireworks that seemed to come out of the blue. We talked about our weeks, the rain, the spiders that live by our front lights, and, of course, the fireworks which helped me remember why I'm here.

1 comment:
That sounds great. During the state fair here I saw fireworks outside everynight as well. Was pretty entertaining. I could even hear some of the concerts when I went outside
Post a Comment