Sunday, September 02, 2007

First Day Jitters

Tomorrow is the first day of junior high. There will be no classes, so at least that stress is delayed. However, I will give a speech (in Japanese!) in front of the whole school, and right now that makes me very nervous.

I want to memorize the speech, so as practice I'm typing it in here without looking at my paper.


Hajimemashite. Watashi wa Caitlin Flynn desu. Caitlin to yonde kudasai. Watashi was America no Tennessee kara kimashita. Tennessee wa America no minami no hoo desu. Tennessee wa kantorii myuujikku de umei desu. Erubisu Puresuri to Dorii Paaton no yoo na yumeina kasyuwa Tennessee shushin desu. Demo, watashi wa ongakuka dewa arimasen. Watashi no shumi wa aisu hokke, dokusho, to fotogurafi desu. Nihon wa hajimete desu. Ota to Kizaki chuugaku ni korarete ureshii desu. Itsudemo, dokodemo koe o kakete kudasai. Doozo yorushiku onegaishimasu.

Hello. My name is Caitlin Flynn. Please call me Caitlin. I'm from Tennessee in the US. Tennessee is in the south of America. Tennessee is famous for country music. People like Elvis Presley and Dolly Parton are from there, but I'm no musician. My hobbies are ice hockey, reading, and photography. This is my first time in Japan. I'm happy to be here in Ota and at Kizaki Junior High School. Please talk to me anytime, anywhere. Thank you very much.


Apologies for the horrendous romanization. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Can said...

It's good that you tell them right away you are not a musician