Sunday, August 26, 2007

Road Bump

This weekend counts as the first bad experience in Japan. Got drunk emailed bitched out by another ALT for not going to that all-you-can-eat-and-drink karaoke night. Spent the next day in Tokyo for a casual errand that went horribly wrong because Japan has the most idiotic banking system I've heard of. Who closes their banks at 3pm? Who has no national bank? Who closes atms at 5? Who denies access to a card because it came from a different part of the country? Japan does. They have a less convenient banking system than Bolivia. It's ridiculous.

I should go get my bike at the train station, where I had to leave it since we missed the last train back (which was at 11:16 -- because Japan can't run a train at midnight or even to two am on a Saturday night), but I just can't get my mind around putting on shoes and walking all the way to the station.

1 comment:

Can said...

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Hopefully it will be the only one. And things could have been a lot worse too.