Monday, February 25, 2008

Crazy Kaze

The weather this weekend has been crazy. I woke to lovely warm weather and blue skies on Saturday morning only for it to run through hail, snow, and rain before settling into 30 mph wind for the rest of Saturday and all of Sunday. The wind was so strong that all trains from Ota station were delayed. Apparently, this wind is well known enough to have a proper name. It is Haru No Ichiban Kaze. It is supposed to usher in Spring. I certainly hope so. I cannot stand more days where I am unable to ride my bike from fear of being blown off it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Japan's weather, or at least Ota's, is as crazy as ours! I am so impressed, though, that you are getting around so well by bike and train (no matter the weather). That's great!

Anonymous said...

What does "ichiban" mean? I've seen a restaurant with that name.

yondole said...

Ichiban means something like first or number one. It is the equivalent of adding -est to a word in English.

Anonymous said...

I am looking out my dining room window and watching rain and hail bounce off one of my vehicles....oops, took me to long to type this. Rain and hail have stopped.