Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On Shopping In Japan

Monday I bought my first piece of clothing in Japan. From a shop called Honey's. My new shirt is delightfully un-me, as was the store itself. It is trendy, polyester, and very Japanese. I tried to take a picture, but no angle in the mirror could properly display it. It reminds me of a flonsy top from Anthropolgie. I don't even know what to wear with it. I bought it in part because I wanted to see how small Japanese clothes run. And, it is no lie, they run small. I'm not sure I'll be able to buy anything but tops while here. I picked up this one very cute skirt. It was labeled L, but appeared to be nothing more than a size 2 or 4. I might have better luck elsewhere since Honey's is apparently very popular with my JHS kids. Oh well, at least I have now braved the commercial waters of Japanese fashion.

2 comments:

David Flynn said...

Hi Caitlin. I thought I would leave a comment, having been remiss at doing that for awhile. Try clothes just out of season. You will find some amazing bargains. I hope your autumn is colorful and cool. Dad

yondole said...

Good advice, but this shop only had bargains to begin with. It wasn't a high end store at all, not even close.

I'm looking forward to autumn in Japan. I wonder what foods will become in season.