My bike (and I) cannot catch a break. First, someone steals the lock key. Now, the back wheel is flat. The only bike repair shop I know of is a 20 minute bike ride away. That would be an awful walk. I hope there is a closer place. I will have to wait until school to ask one of the teachers about that.
The speech competition was Friday. My kids did an awesome job, but sadly none of them placed. I understood that decision for 2 of the 3 kids, but one of them really did deserve to be in the final round. I even had people come up to me and tell me that they were surprised she hadn't made it.
And then, though this has nothing to do with Japan, I played on this site that generates a top 40 list of your most likely careers. My favorites:
1. Professor
2. Locksmith
4. ESL Teacher
16. Editor
17. Sign Maker
23. Director of Photography
27. Anthropologist
36. Elevator Installer and Repairer
If you want to try it out go to http://www.careercruising.com
Put in Username: nycareers and Password: landmark. Then, you can take their "Career Matchmaker" questions.

3 comments:
Who'd have thought you'd be so dependent on a bicycle! Good luck with fixing that! As for the careers, ya, I can see you as an elevator installer....
That bike is giving you such a hard time. =/
#36, elevator what?! How did it come up with that one. But, considering that you're currently doing #4 I'd say that you were right on track.
My #1 was politician. Hmm...
With all the trouble with the bike all I can think is thank goodness I don't have a car. Imagine someone stealing my car keys, or my car blowing a tire. Blech.
I think elevator installation is a noble calling, and I plan to pursue it in my spare time. That is, after I teach a class and smith a lock.
Post a Comment